|Your Dealership on Google Maps (continued)
Why submit your business to Google?
- Your dealership appears in the “Local Business Results” section at the top of search results pages
when a user searches for a term that includes regional words or phrases.
- You get increased exposure in Google, which drives more search engine traffic to your site.
- Example: Search for "New York Italian Restaurant". At the top of the search results (just below the
"Sponsored Links") you’ll see a map along with business listings (like Lombardi’s, John’s Pizzeria and
Adrianne’s). These listings are from the Google Local Business Center.
Copyright © 2008 Automotive Dealers Network. All rights reserved.
Gilbert has held the positions of E-Commerce Director, VP
Business Development, VP Operations, E-Marketing Director,
COO, General Manager, GSM and Internet/Fleet Manager.
Gilbert's expertise is in CRM, online campaigns, e-mail
marketing, BDC development and other managerial aspects
for dealer profitability. He is Currently E-Commerce Director for
|Once Google has verified your business you’re done. After that,
it’s as simple as waiting for potential customers to find you.
How to submit your business to Google.
- Start here: http://www.google.com/local/add/lookup?hl=en-US&gl=US
- You’ll be asked for your address, phone number, hours of operation, types of payment you accept,
and a description of products and services.
- Select your business category. You can start with “Automobiles” and receive recommendations or
select “Browse All Categories and refine your selection, selecting up to 5 categories.
- Add additional optional information such as costs, specialties, images, etc, which may help your results.
- Once you finish, you can preview and edit your listing, verify that you represent your company, then
choose to have a postcard sent with a verification PIN, or receive a phone call.
|Submitting your information is easy and takes just a few minutes,
but it does require you to do it yourself for verification purposes.